- With the fenced yard and the sheds at your disposal, the boats welcomed by the Marina Gosselin for storage and wintering are in perfect security.
- In order to give you the most flexibility possible during the wintering of your boat, your pole or any other equipment can be stored at your request.
- Furthermore, it is possible to rent a storage space during the cold season for all your boat equipment, sails and non-rigid tenders.
- Storage and winterization are services that have been offered for many years now at Marina Gosselin and we can guarantee the complete satisfaction of our customers at the end of each winter.
Launching or taking out of the water
The Marina Gosselin has a mechanism to launch or remove boats up to 35 tons and a maximum width of 19.5 feet. In addition, a crane allows you to mast or demast your boat.
Our experienced staff can safely launch your boat. In addition, the place where we drop off your boat is clear, deep enough and the staff makes sure that there are no obstacles that could damage it. The exit from the water takes place under similar circumstances that allow the boat to be removed from the river.
With our experienced staff, we will be able to get your boat in the water very quickly and you will be able to enjoy the beautiful weather on the Richelieu River. Our specialized equipment allows us to save you time that will be reinvested in enjoying your boat, the sun and the waves.
For more information on our launching service, as well as the rates, you can contact us!
Storage and winterization
With the fenced yard and the sheds at your disposal, the boats welcomed by the Marina Gosselin for storage and wintering are in perfect security. In order to bring you the most flexibility possible during the wintering of your boat, your mast or any other equipment can be stored at your request. Storage and winterization are services that have been offered for many years now at Marina Gosselin and we can guarantee the complete satisfaction of our customers at the end of each winter.
Winterization, an essential protection
Winterizing a boat is an excellent way to improve its longevity and to protect its integrity against frost, salt and bad weather. By preparing well for this seasonal stage, you will be able to resume your nautical activity much more easily when spring returns, without the need for repairs and without unpleasant surprises at sea. In addition, most insurance companies do not cover poor maintenance of your boat, so it is your responsibility to protect your property.
However, preparing your boat for winter is a technical and delicate operation because each type of boat has its own characteristics. The products and methods used for winterization differ from one boat to another. Generally, the owner's manual is a good source of information for listing the tasks to be performed.
A technical and delicate operation
It is often experience that makes the difference and it is possible to irreparably damage your equipment if you do not use the right product to clean the engine for example.
HERE ARE SOME PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT STEPS DURING THE PREPARATION OF THE BOAT (DEPENDING ON THE MODEL):
- Draining the engine oil (to be done while hot) and changing the oil filter
- Rinsing the engine with fresh water and applying antifreeze
- Changing the transmission fluid
- Evacuate the fuel from the carburetor if necessary
- Spray cylinders with oil mist and lubricate some parts
- Filling the tanks and fuel conditioner
- Clean chocks and use antifreeze
- Drain the water tanks and use a non-toxic antifreeze
- Emptying and preparation of the septic tank
- Installation of a dehumidifier if needed
- Washing of the hull, through-hulls, strainers, bollards
- Waxing of the hull
- Recharging of batteries
- Checking bilge pumps and float switches
- Drain and close valves
- Use of a de-icing device if necessary
Do not hesitate to ask for help from the Marina Gosselin team. We will help you prepare for winterization while teaching you how to correctly perform this often indispensable technical operation.
Dock and mooring
You can reserve your berth for the 2020 season at any time. For information on available spaces: